Research focus at BEM
BEM treats research as a fundamental part of its identity. Our research activities are conducted based on the following key principles :
- Achieving scientific excellence , as measured by publications in renowned journals and participation in conferences.
- Engaging in international debate and exchange of ideas , as measured by contribution to international publications and conferences and membership of international networks.
- Finding the right balance between research on new fields of expertise and applied research, as measured by the proportion of publications in academic vs educational/professional journals or conferences
- Circulating the outcomes of our research (education, business applications, etc.), as measured by dedicated communication initiatives (research-themed special events, research directory, conferences, etc.).
3 research teams
The mission of our research teams is to strengthen academic and educational activity and expertise on BEM's key areas of focus.
They pursue a range of objectives :
- Mobilise teachers around joint projects.
- Promote faculty members' expertise through a range of initiatives (workshops, hosting/attending conferences, published articles, contributions to published books).
- Boost the academic reputation of BEM as a whole, notably in its intended areas of expertise -thus contributing to strengthening the School's identity and positioning-.
- Encourage collaborative production within national and international networks.
Each dedicated team (comprising researchers from a range of disciplines) develops a jointly-defined scientific project.
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- SMEs and Innovation
- Wines and Spirits markets